Wednesday, August 19, 2009

5 picture books I'm looking forward to this Fall...


1. Robot Zot by Jon Scieszka (Sept. 22)
In my eyes, Jon Scieszka can do no wrong. This looks super fun and illustrated by David Shannon? What a treat!

2. Skippyjon Jones: Lost in Spice by Judy Schachner (Sept. 22)

Another adventure with El Skippito! Who knew Mars is red because it's covered in red pepper?

3. Who Wants to Be a Poodle? I Don't! by Lauren Child (Sept. 22)
I'm a fan of Lauren Child's Charlie and Lola stories, but I'm excited to see something different. I love her illustrations!

4. Merry Christmas Splat! by Rob Scotton (Sept. 22)
Almost everyone can identify with the anticipation of Santa's arrival and wondering if he'll bring you a really big present.

5. Fancy Nancy: Splendiferous Christmas by Jane O'Connor (Nov. 3)
I'm sure Nancy will see that her family spends the holidays in style. I'm guessing she'll also show off her great vocabulary as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment